We, The Search Company, are looking for an Engineer Logistics for our client. This client is characterized by being a major player in the metal industry. Therefore, logistics is an important factor for the success of the organization. Did we get your attention? Please read further.
What are you going to do as an Engineer Logistics?
As an Engineer Logistics you are responsible for analyzing and organizing an optimized flow of goods. This means that you will establish reports and analyze the existing processes. These also contribute directly to the realization of the logistics goals. You are also responsible for the management of the European segment of logistics.
- Guiding and supervising the implementation of logistical operational processes with regard to planning and working in guidelines
- Developing continuous improvement plans to achieve agreed standard KPIs
- Analyzing and documenting logistics processes reports
- Checking the usage of the system and drafting improvements to guarantee and automate continuous improvement
- Developing and mapping the value stream processes of the unit
What kind of background do you need for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in business economics, logistics / transportation engineering or something similar
- 3+ years of experience in transport operations with focus on reporting and controlling tools. Experience in container logistics is an advantage.
- Proven project management skills, affinity with IT systems and data management. Having SAP experience is an advantage.
- You speak English fluently. Dutch is a plus.
How does the perfect Engineer Logistics look like?
- A confident personality with good social and communication skills
- Being able to initiate and implement improvement projects
- Independent character, result-oriented and problem-solving mindset
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines, streamline operations, and satisfy and retain customers in a dynamic environment
- Affinity with reporting, good analytical skills